Gel nail polishes are love, and I can bet there is not a single person in this world that is not fond of it. Also, why would they not? The shiny, glossy look in the nails makes the hand and entire look more polished. But once in a while, we all need to remove nail polishes whether to change the color or to have a manicure. And this might get tough at that moment on your nails if you do not know how to remove gel nails properly.
Don’t worry; it is not rocket science. You just need to know some techniques for removing it; otherwise, you might end up ruining your nails. The steps that we mentioned below are really easy, so don’t get frightened by thinking that you need to work hard. Just pick any of them and follow them properly. That’s it.
How To Remove Gel Nails Quickly in 4 Steps:
1. A nail file
Yes, a nail file will help you a lot in this case. First, remove the glossy coat from the nails with the help of the nail file. Remember, you need to file off all the shiny parts from the nails. This makes the whole removing process easier and less time-consuming.
2. Cuticle conditioner
Now, take a thick cream or cuticle oil to nourish the skin because the acetone you are going to apply will dry up the skin. This cuticle conditioner will act as protection from dryness.
3. Soaked cotton balls
After applying the cuticle conditioner, soak the cotton balls in the acetone. Fill a small cup with the liquid and put a few cotton balls in it. You need to soak the cotton balls for at least 10 minutes.
But make sure it is not the typical drug store nail polish remover. You need a hundred percent pure acetone to make this work. Regular nail polish remover can also remove nail polish, but it takes a much longer time. So if you are in a hurry to remove the gel nails, then at that moment, acetone can be your best friend.
4. Aluminum foils
After soaking the pieces of cotton balls in acetone for 10 minutes. When you will bring them out, and you have to place it on the top of your nail. And at that time, you will need aluminum foils to cover and secure the cotton balls to stay in place.
In this way, wrap the cotton balls with aluminum foils and keep it like this for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, when you will remove the foil, you will see the nail polish has fallen off from your nails.
But if you do not like the use or smell of acetone, then do not get disheartened. As here, we will also tell you how to remove the gel nails without acetone.
Here are a few tips and tricks on how to remove gel nails without acetone:
- Peeling: Yes, the first and the most common trick of removing gel nails without acetone is peeling them off. It is comparatively easy to do; all you need to do here is notice the loose spot. That’s it; after targeting the loose sp, start lifting up the gel nails.
- Running water: We all know that the speed of running work water work as a good force. If the water temperature is lukewarm, then, in this case, it will work excellently. Now, all you have to do here is keep your fingers under the running water tap and use the other hand’s finger to push the hard gel upward. It would be best if you kept doing this till all your nails from the gel.
- Olive Oil: Yeah, lubricants such as olive oil works in removing gels from the nails. Take a few drops of olive oil in a small dish and dip the nail gel. Also, you need to make another fingernail oily to push it against the nail gel. After that, you have to slide that oily fingernail under the nail gel to push it and remove it. This is how it works.
- Salt and dish soap: First of all, in this process, a small-sized bowl is required. Then you have to fill this bowl with water and dish soap. A little bit of dish soap and one spoon of salt is enough. Then dip your hand in this solution. You should at least soak your hand in this solution for 20 minutes. Also, make sure that the water temperature is warm. Otherwise, this solution would not work to remove the nail gel properly.
- Sugar: Last but not the least option. In fact, it is one of the best solutions if your problem question is how to remove hard gel nails.
Here you will also need a bowl to prepare the mixture. You will also find cotton balls and cuticle oil along with sugar. But you cannot use the sugar as it is. You have to take two spoons of sugar cubes and then grind it with a grinder. After grinding it, then pour it in the bowl. Now soak the cotton balls in this ground sugar paste and wait for 10 minutes. When the cotton balls are completely soaked, start rubbing the nails with it. The coarse texture of the sugar and the force will separate the gel from the nails.
Apply a few drops of cuticle when you have completely removed all the gels from the nails. This will help to soothe skin and not let the vigorous process harm your nails or fingers.
I hope that the tips and processes that are mentioned will help you a lot in learning how to remove nail gels. If you still have any questions or queries in your mind, leave a comment below.