No matter which season it is, if the weather gets too harsh, dry skin is inevitable. Having dry skin on your face is pretty common. It can happen due to the weather, use of low-quality soaps, or medical conditions.
People often experience dry skin on their legs, face, or other body parts. But having it on the face is the worst. The first thing they do is to look for methods on how to remove dry skin from face. If you are one of them, then I want to clear some basics to you.
You should not remove the dry skins from your face with your hands or right after you notice them. It will irritate and hurt your skin. Rather try the remedies that can heal the dry skin and make it soft. But if using moisturizer makes your skin greaser, then use an exfoliator to remove the dead cells.
What is dry skin, and why does it happen?
When the outer cell layer of the face loses moisture, it becomes dry. You can call this condition dry skin.
Causes of dry skin are:
1. Cold weather or dry air
2. Use of soaps and creams with harsh chemicals
5. Unbalanced skin pH
6. Sensitive skin
If your outer cell layer on the face died, it is called the dead cell. Our skin is periodically shedding the older cell layer and generating a new one. The dead cell layers are much similar to the dry skin. Let’s see what causes dead skin.
1. Improper cleaning
3. Use of low-quality moisturizer
4. Harsh climate
5. No exfoliation
How to Remove Dry Skin From Face
You can use different methods to remove dry skin from your face. How will it be if you can use the home items to deal with your dry face? Great, right? This section will talk about how you can remove the dry skin from your face using the items available at your home.
Remove dry skin from the face with a scotch tape
Yes, you have read it right. You can remove the dry, flaky skins from your face with scotch tape. If you are thinking about the irritation, then do not worry. There will be no harm to your skin.
The sticky part of the tape sticks to the flaky skins and removes them gently. At least you will have a more satisfactory result than the exfoliator. So, how will you use scotch tape to remove the dry skins from your face? Here is a short and simple instruction for you:
1. Moisturize your skin with cream or any other ointment that you use.
2. Grab a piece of the scotch tape and press it on the dry skin area on your face.
3. Lift the tape off gently after a couple of seconds. The flaky skins should be gone. If there is any residue, repeat the same step.
4. Now reach for the liquid foundation you use and apply it on your face. And boom! There are no more flaky skins on your face.
How to remove dry skin from face with milk or honey
Both milk and honey are great for your skin. They remove the flaky skins and make your face softer and brighter. Here is how you can apply milk to remove the dry skins:
1. Clean your face with a gentle cleanser and pat with a soft towel.
2. Fill half of a bowl with whole milk.
3. Dip a clean, soft towel into the milk. Wring out the towel to avoid the dripping of extra milk.
4. Dab the towel on your face for 10 minutes.
5. After that, rinse your face with cold water, and the flaky, dry skins will be gone.
Before applying milk on your face, make sure that you are not allergic to it. You may feel irritation and burning on the skin if you are allergic to lactose. In that case, consult with your doctor.
How to get rid of the dry skin on face overnight
You can remove the flaky skins from your face within 10 to 15 minutes. Follow the instructions given below:
1. Wash your face with an exfoliating cleanser.
2. Use lukewarm water to rinse the cleaner and dry your face with a soft towel.
3. Take a bowl and mix ½ tablespoon of vitamin E, 3 to 5 drops of lemon juice, and ½ tablespoon of glycerin.
4. Put a mask of that mixture on your face and wait for 10 minutes.
5. Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
How to remove dead skin from face
I have mentioned earlier that dry skin and dead skin are much similar. You can remove the dead skin from the face with steam or exfoliation.
The steam method is very relaxing and works as a massage for your skin. To follow the methods, you will need a towel and a bowl of hot water. Soak the soft washcloth or towel in hot water. Gently wring the towel a little and let it sit on your face for 10 minutes. The dead flaky skins will come off from the face. Well, this method is effective, but make sure the hot towel does not hurt your face.
If you want to try the exfoliation method, you will need an exfoliator for that purpose. There are various types of exfoliators available in the market. For example, physical, chemical or DIY, etc. However, you can use facial masks to get rid of the dead skins too.
How to deal with dry skin on face
Removing the flaky skins from your face can cause irritation or itching. That is why I always recommend healing dry skin. Many home remedies can help you to treat the dead skins. Here are some tips for you:
1. No matter what season it is, moisture your skin with cream or ointment. Instead of using commercial products, go for aloe vera or coconut oil.
2. Do not take a shower for hours. Limit your bathing time between 5 to 10 minutes and avoid hot showers.
3. Exfoliate regularly to remove the dry and dead cells.
4. Install a humidifier in your house.
Dry or dead skin often makes you look older than your age. This guide on how to remove dry skin from face can help you come out of that condition. If you feel the condition is severe, do consult with a dermatologist.
Related : How To Get Rid Of Pimples Naturally