Skin is one of the essential parts of the human body. It covers our body and keeps all the germs away from the sensitive parts of our body. It also regulates our bodies. We people urge to have soft and smooth skin.
But sometimes our skin gets dry, which occurs itching, cracking, flaking and also sometimes bleeding. Dry skin weakens our skin. Dry skin is also linked with diabetes, hypothyroidism, malnutrition, and some more serious diseases. That’s why we will be talking about how to get rid of dry skin.
There are so many causes of dry skin such as: washing your face over and over with harsh soap (which is very harmful to your skin), overuse of sanitizer because it contains alcohol, and it is harmful to your skin too.
Another main because of dry skin is the cold weather and lack of humidity in the air. Dry skin may be happened by taking medicines of high blood pressure, allergy, acne, and also high cholesterol.
If we left our skin untreated, then our skin can be more infected. So today I will describe to you about how can you get rid of dry skin:
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin:
You can try the following ways to get rid of your dry skin entirely and have a soft and smooth surface. There are so many products and herbs for dry skin available. Here we will be talking about some of them.
DIY Recipe: I am giving you a recipe that will help your skin from being dry and make your skin not only soft but also smooth.
1. Honey: Honey is one of the essential ingredients when it comes to natural skincare. It is known as an excellent humectant for your skin; it means honey can moisture as well as hydrate your dry skin. It helps your skin to make it soft and supple. It also heals your skin and anti-inflammatory to your skin. It is an ideal natural ingredient for curing dry skin. You can make a honey lotion within two minutes. You need a spoonful of honey, a teaspoon of olive oil and half teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on your dry skin as a lotion. Leave it for about 20 minutes. And use a warm washcloth to wipe it off.
2. Cinnamon: The cinnamon powder will help you to have glowing and flawless skin. Cinnamon contains anti-fungal, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties that help to reduce blemishes of skin and acne too. It also supports the blood flow of your skin.
Now take a bowl and take a half tablespoon of cinnamon powder to add it in the bowl. Then add two tablespoons of honey and mix it very well. When the mixture of cinnamon and honey becomes thick, then it’s ready. This works as a homemade moisturizer for dry skin.
You can apply it to any part of your body when your skin gets dry. Make sure when you apply, it covers the whole area. You have to leave that mask for fifteen to twenty minutes, and after that, you will wash it with warm water.
Repeat this remedy at least three times a week until you get the results. It will prevent your skin from cracking and bleeding.
3. Clothing: Fabrics like wool are harmful to your skin. Heavy fabrics are irritating to the skin. And causes our skin to become dry and itchy. So, please try to wear fabrics like cotton and silk because both of them help the body draw moisture away from the skin. Fabrics like linen and rayon are also comfortable to wear, but they are more substantial.
But in winter if you need to wear warm clothes, try to wear a soft cotton inner. And if you do work with water, wear gloves while working.
4. Moisturizer: Moisturizer plays a huge role in skin dryness. Try to choose the best moisturizer to heal your dry skin. It should contain hydrating ingredients. Read the ingredients carefully before buying any moisturizer.
Your moisturizer needs plant or mineral oils, cocoa or shea butter, and also fatty acids to hydrate your skin and make them soft and soothing. Emollients, Humectants, Ceramides, Occlusive these four ingredients make a perfect moisturizer that will help your skin to hydrate.
While choosing any moisturizer to be sure that those four ingredients should be added, avoid those moisturizers containing alcohol or fragrance. Because fragrance can be irritating to your skin sometimes.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the best natural remedy for all skin types. Aloe vera has been using moisturize your dry skin for a long time. It contains all the necessary materials that will improve your skin hydration. It also helps to reduce redness and irritation of your excess dryness. You can apply its gel directly or make a homemade recipe for your dry skin.
Take a fresh leaf of aloe vera. Cut the white part of it and also the sharp side spikes. And be careful while cutting it; otherwise, your hand may get hurt. Now cut it in the middle with a knife make two halves.
Now apply it gently on your dry skin. Leave it on your skin for around fifteen to twenty minutes. Do this procedure for a like minimum of one week, and then you will have soft and smooth skin.
Apart from these solutions, you can try out different food for dry skin. This way, your skin can get rid of dryness from the inside with the help of vitamins and minerals.
Hopefully, the article was helpful. We tried to give all sorts of information, so you learn how to get rid of dry skin. All of these solutions are proven to be effective. If they don’t work out for you, we suggest consulting a doctor regarding your dry skin issue because dry skin for a longer-term might be harmful.