You might ask yourself why I am not losing weight when I exercise and diet. You are following the proper diet and also you are exercising. But still, you are not getting the result that you want. What can be the reason behind it?
Exercise is important but many people think that it is the only solution to lose weight. They think that they can eat everything that they want and just workout super hard later. It doesn’t work like that.
It is important to understand what you might be doing wrong in the first place. There are many things you can do to make sure that you lose weight and have a healthy life even when both diet and exercise don’t work.
Some Reasons Why You Can’t Lose Weight
There are several reasons why you can be doing everything right but still, you are not losing weight. When diet and exercise don’t work, there is usually a reason that you haven’t thought about yet.
1. Weight Loss pills
Many people want to lose their weight and in the world today it has become a very big industry for people to make profits. For many people, the desire to become slim and trim is so strong that they don’t think about the consequences. They just want to lose weight quickly.
They start taking weight loss pills that become the number one reason for them to be obese. Many research shows that some of the people who took weight loss pills became obese actually after taking those pills.
2. It can be your health conditions
You might have a health condition that makes it impossible for you to lose weight even when you are doing proper exercise and following the right diet.
You might have lipedema which is found commonly more in women. It is believed that one out of nine women has this disease all over the world. It can also result in pain and a burning sensation.
Hypothyroidism can also be a cause that can lead to slower metabolism making it much harder to lose weight. Polycystic ovary syndrome also occurs in over 21 percent of women which slows down weight loss.
3. Excessive dieting for weight loss
If you are someone who often goes through weight-loss diets like keto diets and then returns to normal eating habits then you might have experienced that it becomes harder to lose weight with each attempt.
What happens is that your body recognizes the changes because of the restrictive diet and adjusts. Thus, the whole impact of the diet slowly loses its effectiveness.
Your body starts storing fats also to have some reserve energy which also impedes weight loss. Due to these reasons, your diet might soon start losing all the effect it had.
With age, people lose the power to metabolize foods. This leads to slower digestion. You might find it hard to maintain your weight even if you are eating healthy.
As our age progresses our body goes through many hormonal changes. As a result, it becomes very difficult to lose weight.
5. Gestational Influences
It is one of the factors that you have no control over. It can be related to your genes. The weight of your mother during pregnancy also plays an important part in this.
The diet of pregnant women plays an important role in the life of the unborn child. The food that the mother eats in her pregnancy would decide if the child would gain weight in the future.
What does lose weight when diet and exercise don’t work?
We need to focus more on the solution than on the problem itself. After realizing the inability to lose weight despite diet and exercise, the first step should be to find out why it doesn’t work.
1. Why diet and exercise don’t work: We have been led to the belief that restrictive dieting and exercising often can lead to quick weight loss. Though it can help, the important thing to realize that it is not sustainable.
You can’t continue doing restrictive diets all your lifetime. As soon as you give up dieting, your body would start gaining weight at an alarming rate. We need to find other solutions to this problem.
2. What should I focus on: So now the question is if weight loss doesn’t depend on a diet then what does it depend on. The answer is microbes. These are small microorganisms that are hidden in our system. Some of the help make our immune system stronger while others can harm them.
There are medicines that you can take which can give strength to the good microbes that are present in the body. We need a healthy number of good bacteria in our gut to lose weight fast. It can also enhance the effect on diet and exercise in our bodies.
3. What can we do to help the microbes: There are some steps that we can take to ensure that the good microbes in the body get strength and the proper condition to grow.
4. We don’t need to starve ourselves: The good news is that you don’t need to starve yourself to lose weight. It has opposite effects in most cases. Our gut needs food and it is more important to choose the right food to eat than not eating at all.
5. What foods should we eat: The best foods for our guts are the food that contains a lot of fiber. One of the best examples of this is oatmeals. You can have oatmeals in your breakfast. It is very healthy for your body. It gives strength to the gut and helps the growth of microbes. Many whole-grain foods contain a healthy amount of fiber.
When diet and exercise don’t work it is not the time for you to give up. There are many other ways you can adopt to keep your body healthy. If you take the right steps you can lose weight faster and have a better and healthier life for sure. Make sure that you are only developing healthy habits that would help you live a better life.
Related: 14 Ways To Detect When Diet Is Wrong