Diabetes is a very serious disease. When you are diagnosed with diabetes there are many foods that you can no longer eat. Eating those foods can increase health risks tremendously and can also be life-threatening.
The blood sugar level increases when you have diabetes at an alarming rate. To keep that under control you must follow a strict diet.
There are many foods that you should stay away from completely. We have listed some of the best diets for a diabetic patient.
Best Diabetic Diet Meal Plan:
A diabetic diet plan that can help you stay away from diabetes. A diabetic diet meal plan can help you gain a healthier and better life. Some of the diet plans that are very helpful in keeping diabetes under control are described in detail below. Many people want to know what diet is best for diabetics and the answer is as follows.
1. The Mediterranean diet:
As the name suggests, the diet contains foods mostly from the Mediterranean. You can find oleic acid and a rich combination of fatty acid in these kinds of diets. This diet is followed mostly in countries like Greece, Italy, and Morocco.
You can reduce your weight with the help of this diet. You can reduce the chances of any metabolic anomaly. You can also reduce the glucose levels with the help of this diet.
There are many kinds of foods that you can eat when you are doing this diet. Some of them are protein-containing foods, healthy fats, and plant-based foods.
Foods like salmon, beats, nuts, seeds, cucumbers, and others are part of this diet. You can also add olive oil and almonds in your diet.
2. The paleolithic (paleo) diet:
The paleo diet is a very unique diet that can help treat chronic diseases. The food that is eaten when you maintain a paleo diet in no way increases the risk of diabetes. If you are a diabetic patient then the paleo diet is very helpful.
Some of the foods that are included in a paleo diet are meat, poultry, fish, seeds, nuts, walnut oil, flaxseed oil, and others.
If you don’t have any diseases that are related to kidney you can have a paleo diet.
3. Gluten-Free diet:
Gluten can cause damage to the colon and your body. Many people have started adopting a gluten-free diet. If you are a diabetic patient or want to stay away from diabetic then the Gluten-Free diet is one of the best diets for you.
By consuming a gluten-free diet you are not only staying away from celiac disease but also you are staying out of diabetes. It is a great way to keep your diabetes under control.
4. Vegan Diet:
If you are a vegetarian or a hardcore vegan, you can stay away from diabetes. You would have to stay fully away from meat if you are a vegetarian. There are many benefits to not eating meat completely.
It is even better for you if you are a complete vegan. As a vegan, you cannot eat meat or any other kinds of dairy products. Many debates are going on in the world about the benefits of being vegan. But, it can certainly help you stay away from diabetes.
Some of the foods that you can include in your diet plan if you are a vegetarian are beans, soy, legumes, fruits, and many others.
What Foods Are Best To Control Diabetes?
There are some foods that you can eat if you are a diabetic patient. They are foods that you can eat to control your diabetes.
1. Fatty Fish: Fatty fishes are very healthy. They contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids, DHA, and EPA. These nutrients are very healthy for heart diseases.
These fishes can help prevent heart diseases. They can also help in controlling diabetes. They are healthy and also don’t spike the blood sugar level.
2. Green Vegetables: Green vegetables are very good for your health. They contain a good amount of vitamins and proteins that your body needs. The carbs present in green vegetables like spinach and cauliflower are very healthy.
They are also a very good source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is very essential for our health. Most green vegetables are also a very good source of antioxidants. All these make green vegetables a very good choice to stay away from diabetes.
3. Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a very common spice. It has so many nutritional values. It is very rich in antioxidants. Cinnamon can also lower blood sugar levels. It is very effective against diabetes.
You can add cinnamon in your daily meal plan to reduce long term diabetes. In some research, it was found that the people who took cinnamon for over 90 days reduced their hemoglobin A1C level by 50 percent.
4. Chia Seeds: You can find a very good amount of fiber in Chia Seeds. They are low in carbs as well. They are a good choice for people who are suffering from diabetes.
Chia seeds can be used to lower the blood sugar levels in your body. You can also maintain a healthy weight. The reason behind this is that fiber kills your appetite. This helps you fight hunger and keep healthy.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric is a very powerful spice that has many medicinal properties. It can lower inflammation and also the blood sugar level in your body. Turmeric is very effective to stop diabetes.
Turmeric is also very good for your kidney. You would be surprised to know that diabetes is one of the major reasons for kidney diseases. You can use turmeric to keep away from both the diseases.
6. Nuts: Nuts are very healthy and contain fiber. They help you to control your hunger and appetite. They can also reduce the blood sugar level. They are also good for reducing inflammation.
Nuts are a good choice to include in your diet if you want to lose weight quickly.
Knowing what diet is best for diabetics is very important if you want to fight against diabetes. Knowing more about it help you add those foods to your meal that would help you keep away from diabetes.